The Porsche Cayenne Transsyberia is a further modified Cayenne. Modified by the customers who purchased them and drove to victory in the 10,000km-long Transsyberia Rally in 2006. Spurred on by the success shown by that car, Porsche built 26 Cayenne S Transsyberia SUVs, all of which competed in the 2007 rally. The full range of Porsche\’s techno-enhancements are in place, including Porsche Traction Management (PTM), Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDDC), and Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM). The PTM system is further enhanced by a transverse lock from the optional Off-road Technology Package available to regular customers, and the PDCC system is already set up with a Special Off-road Mode, which, when active, lets the Cayenne ford bodies of water up to 30\” deep. A roof-mounted snorkel keeps that water from invading the intake manifold. The 4.8L V8 makes 385 horsepower and is connected to a six-speed Tiptronic S with a 4.11 final drive ratio.
Rally car-specific modifications include:
- Reinforced A and B pillars
- Bolted-in safety cage
- Stronger underbody protection
- Installation of a handbrake in lieu of the standard, foot-operated parking brake
- Rerouted electrical system
- Passenger-operated navigation computer
- Lightweight sport exhaust
- Offroad tires
- Roof lights
- Front-mounted winch
- Stripped interior, with dual spare wheels & tires, shovels and two reserve fuel cannisters in place of the rear seat It should be noted that while the car\’s passenger compartment has been pared down to the essentials, it isn\’t exactly spartan, as evidenced by its leather seats. Orange fabric door latch pulls, and diamond-plate steel flooring are also fitted. Outside, this Cayenne is finished in silver, and trimmed in a contrasting orange.
This car is for sale.